Friday 9 January 2015

Rehearsal Process and Feedback

9.01.2015

Previously I have been told to use more energy and not go monotone so it is key that I remember these regular problems and work on them so that my monologues work well. I will keep my energy high when needed and expand my vocal range when talking too.
I checked with Daniel if I could use the monologue "Lady and the Clarinet" without using an American accent (as it is an American play), and he said I could as long as it still sounds right, and it does.
When I read out my second monologue from "lady" I received feedback on it which was:
1.) Don't be too monotone.
2.) Use more gestures and movement.
3.) Show more anger towards people like the secretary, so put on a voice of irritation to sort of take the mick out of her.
4.) Show more enthusiasm.
5.) Pronounce my words better to show that this character might be a more higher class.

I will use this feedback to better my monologue speech and will also think about the comments when performing my other two monologues too.

Rehearsals
So far I have come to the conclusion of not doing the American accent from my second monologue and also I have timed each monologue and they are all under 2 minutes which I wanted. I will keep going over my monologues and memorize all three so that I can start working on them properly.

No comments:

Post a Comment